Law Centre-II made a humble beginning in the year 1971 at the premises of ARSD College, Dhaula Kuan to offer full-time LL.B. program. It has a glorious past of 50 years. The LL.B. classes were conducted in the evening and the alumni of Law Centre-II included top bureaucrats, police officers, military officers, teachers from different departments, chartered accountants, doctors, engineers, and other professionals. The Centre had the privilege of being headed by the top law scholars of India, such as Prof. Upendra Baxi, a well-known jurist and former Vice-Chancellor of University of Delhi; Prof. Tahir Mahmood, who subsequently became Chairperson, Minority Commission, Prof. A.K. Koul, who was elevated as Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Jodhpur and National Law University, Ranchi, Prof. Gurdip Singh, who became Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Lucknow, Prof. Poonam Saxena, who is presently Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Jodhpur and Prof. B.T. Kaul, who is presently Chairperson, Delhi Judicial Academy
Message from Professor In-charge
Law Centre-II is a premier institution and is known for its qualitative teaching, research and other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. It is one of the best institutions in the country which imparts three year LL.B. program. To promote student activities at the Centre, a number of committees have been constituted. These committees include Moot Court and Debate Committee, Seminars, Conferences and Extension Lectures, Journal Committee, Legal Aid Committee, Placement Committee and Alumni Committee. There is an active participation of students in these committees. The teacher members and students volunteers organize several activities on a regular basis throughout the year. The S.K. Puri Memorial Moot Court Competition of Law Centre-II “JUSTIFIED” is an annual activity in which teams from all parts of the country participate. The Seminars and Lectures Committee apart from organizing seminars, conferences and workshops, organizes lectures of legal scholars from all over India and abroad.
Latest Events & Updates
- Advertisement for multiple positions - Research Associate, Research Assistant and Project Assistants
- Notification dated 16.05.2023 regarding filling up LL.M./ LL.B. Examination form II/IV/VI is extened upto 18.05.2023
- Notification dated 06.04.2023 regarding filling up exams form LL.B./LL.M. IV/VI Semester Exams May/June-2023 is extended upto 14.04.2023 at 5:30 pm.
- To organize an extensive awareness campaign about all the scholarship schemes amongst the SC/ST/OBC/Minority students for the scholarship schemes at E-District Portal
- Notification dated 13.02.2023 regarding Filling up Examination form for LL./B/LL.M. for the Academic Year 2022-2023 that the last date of submission of exams forms for the Odd Semester examination to be held in April, 2023 is extended upto 23.03.2023
- Notification dated 13.02.2023 regarding Filling up Examination form for LL./B/LL.M. for the Academic Year 2022-2023 that the last date of submission of exams forms for the Odd Semester examination to be held in April, 2023 is 06.03.2023