Law Centre-II made a humble beginning in the year 1971 at the premises of ARSD College, Dhaula Kuan to offer full-time LL.B. program. It has a glorious past of 50 years. The LL.B. classes were conducted in the evening and the alumni of Law Centre-II included top bureaucrats, police officers, military officers, teachers from different departments, chartered accountants, doctors, engineers, and other professionals. The Centre had the privilege of being headed by the top law scholars of India, such as Prof. Upendra Baxi, a well-known jurist and former Vice-Chancellor of University of Delhi; Prof. Tahir Mahmood, who subsequently became Chairperson, Minority Commission, Prof. A.K. Koul, who was elevated as Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Jodhpur and National Law University, Ranchi, Prof. Gurdip Singh, who became Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Lucknow, Prof. Poonam Saxena, who is presently Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Jodhpur and Prof. B.T. Kaul, who is presently Chairperson, Delhi Judicial Academy
Law Centre-II is a premier institution and is known for its qualitative teaching, research and other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. It is one of the best institutions in the country which imparts three year LL.B. program. To promote student activities at the Centre, a number of committees have been constituted. These committees include Moot Court and Debate Committee, Seminars, Conferences and Extension Lectures, Journal Committee, Legal Aid Committee, Placement Committee and Alumni Committee. There is an active participation of students in these committees. The teacher members and students volunteers organize several activities on a regular basis throughout the year. The S.K. Puri Memorial Moot Court Competition of Law Centre-II “JUSTIFIED” is an annual activity in which teams from all parts of the country participate. The Seminars and Lectures Committee apart from organizing seminars, conferences and workshops, organizes lectures of legal scholars from all over India and abroad.
Latest Events & Updates
- Applications invited for Financial Support Scheme (FSS) as per DU Notification Acad-I/Fee Waiver /SSSV/753, Dated November 11, 2022
- Notification dated 06.01.2023 regarding filling up examiantion form for LL.B./LL.M. I/III/V is extended upto 07.01.2023 at 5:30 p.m.
- Notification dated 14.12.2022 regarding filling up examiantion form for LL.B. I/III/V is extended upto 26.12.2022
- Notification dated 09.12.2022 regarding filling up Supplementary VI (Term/Semester) Examiation December-2022
- Notificaion dated 21.11.2022 regarding last date for submission of Examination forms for LL.B./LL.M. Semester III/V Exams January-2023
- Applications invited for Financial Support Scheme (FSS) as per DU Notification Acad-I/Fee Waiver/SSSV/753 Dated November 11, 2022
- Chetana Online Lecture Series by UGC - A Talk on Taking Inspiration from India's Educational Heritage on 22 Nov. 2022
- Extension of submission for Internship opportunity with Khurana and Khurana Advocates & IP Associates
- Notice for III/V Semesters LL.B. Students for submission of Mark Sheet of II and IV Semester LLB Examination
- Notice regarding Second chance Notice, Selection of students for Research Project under Faculty Research Project